Thursday, November 26, 2015

So who is Granini?

So who is Granini?

When I finished my first murder mystery book, I had the crazy idea to take one of my characters -- Granini (pronounced Gruh-NEE-NEE), and give her an even larger presence in the world.  This part of my blog is my first attempt at getting her fabulousness out there.

Granini, in my head, is a perfect melting between several of my childhood beloved characters:

  1.  Mrs. Santa Claus
  2. the Mother Nature as portrayed on my much adored "The Year Without A Santa Claus" by Rankin / Bass
  3. Granny -- the Loony Tunes cartoon who takes care of Tweety Bird and shoos away Sylvester the cat
  4. my favorite Auntie who in real life lives up in Alaska and has a huge brood of her own to tend for
  5. and an ideal version of the most fabulous day care provider/baker/cook/vet who loves and adores babies, children, pets, and all grown-up strays who need a little extra mama-lovin.  
In real life, Granini is an ideal version of who I hope to grow up to be.

In my books, Granini is Jack Diamond's grandmother.  She raises Jack and his brother after The Incident, and serves as the positive loving influence that is desperately lacking in their lives.  When she isn't writing her much beloved children's stories, you can probably find her either tending her garden, visiting with one of her 'strays,' or baking up something ever so tasty in her kitchen.

One day I hope to put together an entire cookbook of Granini's recipes, as well as to write up many of Granini's children's stories and publish those as well.  Granini is very supportive of Jack Diamond and his adventures, and hopes that you will love him as much as she does.

Until then, I am sharing several of her family recipes, along with her helpful hints as to how to make some of these simple recipes easier.

Oh, and for those of you who've been meandering about on my blog and have found Granini spelled GranNini, well, yeah.  So my kiddo out-ruled me, and now I've had to go about and try to re-do all my previously afore-entitled GranNini posts to Granini.  Yes, it's easier, perhaps.  However, I do worry ever so slightly about how people might mispronounce her name.  Rather like I did when first reading Hermione Granger's name in Harry Potter.  Alas.  Granini is pronounced Gruh-NEE-NEE, and she is truly my most beloved version of myself.

I hope you enjoy!!!

* * * * *

p.s.  By the way, Granini is pronounced Gruh-NEE-NEE.  In case you couldn't figure that one out on your own.

p.p.s. My first murder mystery manuscript, Diamonds for Diamond has been published!  You can buy it here:


* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment