Thursday, March 17, 2016

One small step...

One step closer to publication!

So today I took advantage of the lack of rain, and headed out to the beautiful Columbia River Gorge just east of Portland, Oregon to take photos for the book cover of my first Jack Diamond murder mystery manuscript.  Two cameras and several hundred pictures later, I left with my winning shot, a massive smile upon my face, and ultra curly hair from the mists of Horsetail Falls.

For inquiring minds who wish to know, I chose Horsetail Falls for a variety of different reasons.  The first two reasons have to do with Jack Diamond books number three and two (in that order), whose cover ideas sprang to mind just a few short weeks ago.  More about that later.  

I had given no thought, whatsoever, to the idea of a book cover for Diamonds for Diamond until I began my tentative research for self-publication.  One of the instructions indicated I needed to upload my book cover.  That would imply that I had a book cover to upload.  Or that I had thought about a book cover.  Or that I had some idea, any idea, even a remote idea, as to what that cover would look like.

So time went by, and the rain started coming down, and kept coming down, and refused to stop coming down, and mold started growing everywhere.  Desperately hoping for a reprieve, I finally looked up the weather forecast.  Much to my surprise, I discovered a sunny and beautiful forecast for this week for the first time in three hundred gajillion years.  Bliss!  And just like that, I knew I had to drive out to Horsetail Falls to take the photograph that will be the cover for my very first Jack Diamond novel.  Why? you ask? Well, you'll just have to read Diamonds for Diamond to find out why, exactly, this location is perfect for my book cover.  Until then, I'll leave you in suspense.

Off to go pick a favorite photo!  Perhaps I'll post a few 'samples' as teasers?  Hmmm... 

* * * * *



No comments:

Post a Comment