Friday, November 16, 2018

Granini's Creamed Corn Casserole

Granini's Creamed Corn Casserole


Again, I'm sorry the picture isn't mine. I'll post one as soon as I make it again. Mine doesn't have that odd looking crusty stuff on top. But the insides look just like that.

Nowadays, I tend to stick with just heating up a can of corn, or heating up frozen corn, and serving it plain. I have enough items on the buffet that are filled with eggs and butter and sugar and every other way you can disguise a vegetable. But when I was growing up, creamed corn casserole was a staple and a favorite. My father-in-law will eat the entire dish by himself if we let him. I haven't made this dish in years, but it's on the list of things we're serving this year, so I needed to include it along with all my other recipes. It is truly tasty. Even if it isn't even remotely healthy.

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon flour
1/2 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 can cream style corn
1 cup milk
dash of pepper

Directions:

Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Beat two eggs in the bottom of the casserole dish. Add in the salt, flour, sugar and butter and mix completely. Add in the can of creamed corn and the milk. Stir until mixed thoroughly. Sprinkle pepper on the top. Bake at 350ยบ for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.

Super easy.

Or, you can just open up a can of regular corn, add in a dash of water, allow to heat thoroughly, and then drain and serve. That's even easier. And better for you. Then you can eat more pie.

Enjoy!

* * * * *


Find other tasty Thanksgiving Dinner dishes here:


And tasty pie recipes here:



* * * * *

I not only bake and cook, I write murder mysteries too!

Both books are available in paperback and kindle versions

Diamonds for Diamond 
(Book 1 in the Jack Diamond Mystery series)
and
No One Noticed
(Book 2 in the Jack Diamond Mystery Series)




No comments:

Post a Comment