Sunday, November 11, 2018

Granini's Stuffed Mushrooms

Granini's Stuffed Mushrooms



A million years ago I received this recipe from a friend. No idea how long ago, or who it was who gave it to me, but this is the recipe I use for my stuffed mushrooms.

My recipe is a little different than the one linked to above. I'm sorry that the picture isn't mine. None of my stuffed mushrooms last long enough for me to snag a picture. I've only eaten one of these mushrooms, and it was pretty darned tasty. The rest are immediately consumed with many "mmmmmms" and are usually all gone before I have a chance to even leave the kitchen. Last year I snagged one before putting it on the serving platter. I now understand why they go so fast!

They're quick and easy to put together. But obvs, best served hot.

Ingredients:

1 (19.76 ounce) page of Johnsonville Italian Mild sausage links, casings removed
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup shredded parmesean cheese

Directions:

1. Prepare mushroom caps. Wash the mushrooms and pop off the stems. I like to chop up the stems and add them to the sausage, but some people just like to toss them. I'll leave that one up to you.

2. Remove the casings from the sausage links. Add in the minced mushroom stems to a skillet, if you wanted to do that step. Cook the sausage until it's no longer pink, making sure to make the pieces as tiny as possible. Drain.

3. Mix the softened cream cheese with the parsley, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper until blended. Add in the sausage and mix thoroughly.

4. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Place the washed mushroom caps on top of the paper. Fill each cap with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle a wee bit of grated parmesan on the top.

Bake at 450ยบ for 8 to 10 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly golden. 

Serve while hot.


Here are some pics I found while looking for my apple pie pictures. I don't have any pictures of them finished, because they got eaten too fast. But here you go!






Click here for more Thanksgiving Recipes

* * * * *

Find other tasty Thanksgiving Dinner dishes here:


And tasty pie recipes here:



* * * * *

I not only bake and cook, I write murder mysteries too!

Both books are available in paperback and kindle versions

Diamonds for Diamond 
(Book 1 in the Jack Diamond Mystery series)
and
No One Noticed
(Book 2 in the Jack Diamond Mystery Series)




No comments:

Post a Comment