Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The post publishing relief



So now that No One Noticed is officially out and published and rarin' to go, I'm FREEEEEEEEE. I know that I sound suspiciously like Doby the Elf. But, alas, that's a wee bit how I feel. No, I was not enslaved by evil wizards who made me wear a dirty pillow case and be at their beck and call to do whatever they needed done. However, sometimes, as a writer, one does feel a bit trapped by the intensity of the project. The relief one feels is euphoric, with a dash of glee, and a dollop of bliss, followed by a slow fizzling out like a balloon sadly leaking out its birthday helium.

I spent the better part of today cleaning off half of my desk. I couldn't face the other half. So I was pleased with half. And you should be too. If you had seen the sorry state it had grown into, you'd be quite pleased with me.

And then I went browsing. Which is really a way of saying I went shopping, but without my credit card.

And, just to make sure you know everything I did today, I spent an enormous amount of time trying (and failing) to make travel arrangements for my daughter to fly overseas. Hopefully tomorrow things will be easier.

I walked the puppy and played a lovely game of chuck it.

And then I decided to settle in and see what I could start coming up with for this idea I had for my very first "Granini and me" story.

It's going to star a snail.

Like this one.


This lovely beaut was found nibbling on the leaves of a tree in Indonesia last month when I was poking about on a coffee plantation. It was HUGE. And I think it makes quite the perfect picture for my snail of inspiration.

I know, I know, I promised Book 3 for my Jack Diamond Series. And I promise, I'll get to work on that one just as soon as the holidays are over. But I thought I might dip my hat (my pen? my fingers??) into Children's Stories and try to whip up an adorable story that involves a snail. And three princesses. And the Jeff.

How's that for a tantalizing treat?

Alrighty! That's it for today! Wish me luck on my travel planning tomorrow. And hopefully I'll have such amazing success I can sit down and write more on this Children's book!

* * * * *

No One Noticed

by Kay Nimitz Smith
Book 2 in the Jack Diamond Mystery Series
now available on Amazon!!

Book 2

Meanwhile, please go and buy my book.


And then leave lots of great feedback!! 




* * * * *

Buy my books!

Both books are available in paperback and kindle versions

Diamonds for Diamond 
(Book 1 in the Jack Diamond Mystery series)
and
No One Noticed
(Book 2 in the Jack Diamond Mystery Series)


No comments:

Post a Comment