Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Teaser: Getting Ready for the Hot pink, Aqua, and Lime Green Birthday Party! With owls!

Getting Ready for the 
Hot pink, aqua, and lime green birthday party!

Here's a teaser for my latest birthday party commission.  She wants a full dessert table, a happy birthday banner, and gift bags for 9 girls.

Each Goodie Bag is going to include a movie ticket, a piece of each girl's favorite candy (to take with them to the movie), and little baggies of the leftover dessert table candy.    

I bought the adorable gift bags at Michael's (13 bags in a set), used my Stampin' Up owl punch (which I obviously adore), and a whole mess of crafty paper with the color scheme to make their vests.  Originally the owlets were going to be used as Valentine's Day cards (which I may still do), but the color scheme worked out for this birthday party, so my poor Valentine's Day cards will have to wait.

The crafty paper is actually from a large 12x12 Christmas set of paper that seemed to match perfectly with this Birthday Party theme.  Got the paper on super sale at Michael's, saved the Christmas paper designs for holiday cards, and used up the rest of the paper for this party!


Here's a teaser for the Happy Birthday banner.  So cute!
Dessert Table Goodness

I have bags and bags and bags of candy to sort through by color, and then to sort into various apothecary jars for the Dessert table.  I've chosen m&ms (the Valentine's Day ones have white and hot pink - just need to pull out the red and light pink ones), jelly beans (yay for Target for putting out Easter candy early!).  I'll use the hot pink, orange, and lime green jelly beans and put the rest of the beans into baggies to put into each of the goodie bags.  I have aqua and white Hershey's kisses (cookies and cream) which I will put out with the pink and white Hershey's kisses (from the Valentine's Day section).  I have picked up Fruit Loops and Crunch Berries (only berries) to pull out blue and green for a larger set of apothecary jars.  Don't think anyone will eat them, but at least they'll look good.  I will probably make popcorn and drizzle aqua and hot pink melted chocolates on them for my big apothecary jar.  I have so many bags of candy in the other room I can't remember what else I've got in there, but I'm sure the Dessert Table will look fantabulous!

Oh, and I still have my aqua decorations out from the month of January, so I'll probably take those over to her Dessert Table and put some of those out on display for more aqua, since most of the candies are pink, orange and green.




In addition to the candies, my client has commissioned me to make a dozen assorted cupcakes with no colored frosting -- using only colored sprinkles for decorations.  Then she wants macarons, dipped marshmallows, cake balls, and frosted cookies (in shapes of candies and owls to match the owls on the goodie bags).  

I'll post more pictures when the dessert table is assembled.


This should be SO adorbs when it's all done!!

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment