Wednesday, August 3, 2016

*Spoilers!* The perfect actor to portray Nick Buchanan in Diamonds for Diamond.


So I was watching Stranger Things on Netflix...

And I found the *perfect guy* to play Nick Buchanan in my new Jack Diamond Mystery novel titled




Now, I know some of you don't like *SPOILERS*, so for those of you who don't want to the author to envision the perfect actors to portray their characters, 

PLEASE DON'T READ THE REST OF THIS POST.

(Okay, so I totally had a flashback to Sesame Street's Grover's book "The Monster At The End of This Book" that I used to read over and over and over and over and over and over as a child.  The book both terrified me, and fascinated me, and I remember dreading each and every turn of the page.  I still get a bit of a goose-bumpy chill when I think of it.  Silly, how such things come back to you all of a sudden!)

Maybe you should go and read it now.  Just for posterity.



Anyway, back to spoilers.

So I was watching Stranger Things, and this fabulous actor comes out of no where and *BAM!* I am completely enamored.  Chris Sullivan, the man who played Benny in Stranger Things, was exactly, and I mean exactly, what I had envisioned when I wrote the character Nick Buchanan.

I absolutely loved the way he interacted with Eleven.  I loved his kind eyes.  I loved his charming smile.   These attributes made it easy to see how well he'd make a loving big brother to his baby sister.

He looked, to me, like he had an amazing charm and personality, and a lively sense of humor, to go with his tough guy attitude.  All perfect attributes for Nick Buchanan's character.

I could easily see him beating the stuffin' out of some punk (or at least wanting to).   I'm hoping that he's got the intelligence (to go along with the great looks) that it takes to be a Detective for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Department.  And even though Chris is an inch taller than Nick's 6'3", Chris' added size could easily help him to fit in to Nick's role as a ball player for the Chicago Bears and the OSU Beavers (Go Beavs!).  

So here you have it folks, my first choice for the role of Nick Buchanan:









For those of you who can't place him, here's a screen shot of Chris playing the character Benny on Stranger Things



 He was the diner owner who fed poor, starving Eleven a burger and offered her ice cream.  No need for further spoilers.  Go on, and agree with me!  Is he perfect? or what?

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment