Saturday, June 25, 2016

Granini's Sloppy Joes

Granini's Sloppy Joes




This recipe is my super simple, easy peasy recipe that's always a hit.  Perfect for a cold Saturday afternoon.  Bring extra napkins, though, because these truly are Untidy Josephs!

Ingredients:

1 package ground beef (I use the 7% fat kind and drain off the fat).  No, I don't know how much I use.  It's a package.  I'll look at the amount next time I'm acquiring ground beef, and adjust the amount on the recipe accordingly.   I promise.
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced,
1 jar of Heinz chili sauce (picture below)
2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
Hamburger buns

Directions:

  1.   In a large skillet, add the diced onions and peppers and sauté until soft.  Scoop out the onions and peppers and put into a bowl and set aside.
  2.   Brown the ground beef, making sure to chunk the beef into small chunks.
  3.   Drain the fat from the beef.
  4.   Add in the veggies back to the skillet.
  5.   Add in one entire jar of Heinz chili sauce.
  6.   I usually fill the jar with a dash of water, recap the jar, shake thoroughly to get all the remaining ketchup stuffs off the innerds of the jar, and then add that watery ketchupy sauce back to my sloppy joes.  You don't have to do it.  I just like as much of the yummy goodness as possible.  Don't add TOO much water.  You don't want too much dilution of flavor.
  7.   Add in two dashes of Worcestershire sauce.  
  8.   Let simmer, partially covered (to avoid splatters) for at least 13 minutes.  I usually aim for about 20 minutes or so.  Sometimes I let it simmer for an hour.  It depends upon how hungry I am, or how hungry the kiddos are, or how much extra time I allotted myself.  Whatevs.  This meal is totally easy peasy.
  9. Serve on buns.  With potato chips on the side.  I like the low salt, guilt free tater chips they have at Trader Joes.  But that's just me.  
Enjoy!

* * * * *

For those of you who like pictures, here you go!

Mmmm.  Veggies cooking up on the stove top!

Veggies all done and set aside, and now it's time for the beef!

All browned up and drained!

Add the veggies back in.

Ah! Here it is! The magic Heinz Chili Sauce concoction!  Perfecto.

Simmer that goodness all up, and mmmm, mmm, that smells fantastico!

Yummy yummy, to my tummy!  Now all the plate needs are chips, and you're good to go!


* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment