Friday, November 16, 2018

Granini's Green Beans


Granini's Green Beans



Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
1/3 diced red pepper
1/3 diced onion
1 package Trader Joe's frozen green beans. I get mine from Trader Joe's, because they're delish, and easy, and I pop open a bag and just dump out a few as needed whenever, and then pop it back into the freezer. But that's just me. Now, if you have access to FRESH green beans, and you don't mind putting someone else to work popping off the ends and de-veining them, by all means, use those! Give them a quick wash and a drain, and follow the recipe below. I, however, can never seem to find lovely green beans that are fresh at the end of November. And I NEVER EVER use canned green beans. Because that's mushy. And these are not. These, these are lovely.
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
dash of salt
dash of pepper

Directions:

In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add in minced garlic, red pepper, and onion, and sauté for a few minutes. Add in the frozen green beans and toss them around. Cook for a few minutes until they are no longer frozen. Sprinkle on onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Serve.

Super easy.

And always the second to last thing I serve at Thanksgiving. The last thing I serve are my glazed carrots. But these are the second to last. I don't even start making them until everything else is sitting on the buffet, ready and waiting.

Hey, I wonder if any of you want to see my crazy Thanksgiving to do list, which tells me exactly when to put what in the oven, and when to make whatever, and organizes the whole thing for me. I also have a shopping list. And it's organized by store. And by dish. And by ingredient. And there's a whole separate spreadsheet just for pies. If I posted that link, do you think it might be helpful? Hmmmm.

Anywhoo, these green beans are super tasty and delicious, and the red peppers add a pretty contrasting color to the bright green of the beans. And I'd like to shout out a special thank you to my sister-in-law Adrienne for making them this way a hundred years ago at her very first Thanksgiving dinner with our family. I'd never seen them done like that before, and I've been using her idea ever since. So here's to Adrienne! Thank you!

Enjoy!


* * * * *

Find other tasty Thanksgiving Dinner dishes here:


And tasty pie recipes here:



* * * * *

I not only bake and cook, I write murder mysteries too!

Both books are available in paperback and kindle versions

Diamonds for Diamond 
(Book 1 in the Jack Diamond Mystery series)
and
No One Noticed
(Book 2 in the Jack Diamond Mystery Series)


No comments:

Post a Comment