Friday, June 6, 2014

Kitchen Remodel (Day 3) - Dry wall

Kitchen Remodel (Day 3) - Dry wall

Our Dry Wall day had an odd start.  As I sat in my hermetically sealed chamber, nibbling on breakfast, I noticed that the ceiling fluff started to rain down upon the floor.  Just a few pink speckles at first, but then a few more, and a few more started to fall down.  I wondered, just for a moment, if we were having an earthquake.  Nothing else shook, so I took it upon myself to investigate.  I came across this:



It wasn't until I was standing below the missing ceiling that I began to hear something quite suspicious.  Yep, confirmed.  I heard bells.  Yes, that's right.  Bells.  My cat's collar's bells, to be exact.  Little Miss Mischief climbed the ladder left behind by the electricians, and made herself at home in the pink fluff.  The Pink Panther theme song played loudly in my head and I giggled as I watched her prance gingerly along the beams.

I climbed said ladder, reached up and grabbed her, and then attempted (and failed!) to bring her down.  She must have thought I was trying to drag her down the Cliffs of Insanity without Inigo Montoya's rope.  Poor kitty.  She scrambled back up my arm, latched herself onto the newly installed light fixture, and wouldn't let go.  Not wanting to undo my lovely electrician's hard work, I let go.  After much ado, I cornered her once again, and at long last, had her in my arms.  The sounds of the Shrieking Eels echoed in my mind as she mewed and clawed her way, squirming about in my hand.  Not wanting to fall, I braced myself against the ladder.  Taking her opportunity, she lunged for the supporting beam.  I grasped her with both hands and she dug in, her claws leaving horrific scratch marks all the way down the beam as I pulled her down into the safety of my loving arms.  Poor kitty.  It wasn't until the whole fiasco was over that I realized I should have snapped a few shots of her escapades.  Not that she actually reads my blog.  But if she did read my blog, I'd think she'd like to see pictures of herself.

Meanwhile, here are some photos of the dry wall.

Patching things up:


* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment